CONTACT

Do you have a question, but aren't sure where to direct it? Reach out to the team at Club Reception at 604.266.7166 or email 

reception@arbutusclub.com
 

THE ARBUTUS CLUB

The Arbutus Club has been a landmark in Vancouver since 1964. Today, we are a modern recreation complex with first class food and beverage services. Our vast range of facilities and programs, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of Canada’s finest premier Private Clubs.

Our History

1958
Mrs. E.V. 'Billie' Mitchell dreams of a private club located in Vancouver. She rallies her friends, business contacts, and community leaders to support her vision.
1958 - 1960
Billie and her recruits enroll enough members to generate $200,000 for the land sale and construction project.
1962
The Arbutus Club purchases property at the corner of Nanton Avenue and Arbutus Street, bringing Billie's idea one step closer to fruition.
1964
The Arbutus Club President, Bill Henson, joins Billie Mitchell and Senior Management at the sod turning ceremony to mark the beginning of construction of the Club.
1965
The Arbutus Club opens to Members for the first time. Facilities included an ice rink, swimming pool, nursery, tennis courts, and dining areas.
1969
Focused on being the foremost family-oriented private club in Vancouver, The Arbutus Club expands to include a gymnasium, health spa, sports shop, curling sheets, and courts for racquet sports.
1977
Growth continues with the official opening of  a new cafeteria, racquetball courts, and the Quilchena Terrace with it's adjoining patio.
1985
The Tennis Building opens its doors to Members, bringing indoor courts to The Arbutus Club.
2019
The Arbutus 2020 infrastructure expansion and improvement project begins, building upon our historical roots and growing our tomorrow.